Welcome to the Tiverton Historical Society website!
We invite you to visit the historical Chace-Cory House, 3908 Main Road at Tiverton Four Corners from 2-4:30 PM on Sunday during the months of June to September (or by appointment) and participate in our events throughout the year. In order to keep the roof over our head maintained, we need to charge a small fee for tours. Admission is free to Tiverton Historical Society (THS) members and children under 12 years, $3 for non-members, and $2 for students and seniors (55 years+). Directions
EVENT OF THE MONTH
Annual Meeting and Spirit of Christmas Past Party Raffle Drawing
The Spirit of Christmas Past Holiday Party for 12 raffle drawing will be held at our Annual Meeting on Tuesday, November 18th. In addition to the raffle drawing, the meeting will hold an election of 2015 officers and directors by the members, and discussion of next year’s proposed calendar of events, as well as a summary of this year’s events and accomplishments. The meeting starts at 6 PM in the Amicable Church Dining Hall with a potluck supper.
You can still purchase raffle tickets for the Spirit of Christmas Past Holiday Party at Chace-Cory House on Fridays from 4-5:30 PM, or from Amy Lund, Handweaver, at the Mill Pond Shops and from Gray’s Ice Cream. You may also send a check payable to “Tiverton Historical Society” to Caroline Wordell, 42 William Sisson Road, Little Compton, 02837 and your tickets will be made out for you and placed in the raffle box. Tickets are $10 each or 3 for $25.
The winner of the raffle will host an intimate holiday party for eleven of your guests held on Sunday, December 28th from 6-8 PM at the historic Chace-Cory House (c. 1730) at Tiverton Four Corners, decorated extensively for the holidays, including:
* Custom invitations addressed in calligraphy, sealed with wax and fleur de lis stamp, sent directly to your 11 other guests.
* Extensive menu of both cold and hot hors d’ouevres, including the following: jumbo shrimp with cocktail sauce, tenderloin of beef en croute with horseradish sauce, prosciutto-wrapped scallops, stuffed mushrooms, spanakopita, crabcakes with roumalade sauce, chilled lobster salad martinis, petite swedish meatballs, individual cheese quiche, pepperoni and vegetarian antipasto appetizers, baked brie, and specialty cheeses with fresh fruit.
* Drinks include wine selection, beer, alcoholic and non-alcoholic wassail (punch).
* Service pieces and glassware will be from our personal antique and fine glassware collections.
* Each guest will receive a handmade holiday ornament.
This is a great way to return all your holiday invitations at a party no one else can have – all prepared and served by the Tiverton Historical Society Board of Directors!
We have more great events planned for 2014 – check out the details on our Programs and Events page. We will be selling holiday gifts one weekend in December, featuring the THS ornament for 2014.
The Tiverton Historical Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, with its headquarters in the Chace-Cory House. Members and donations are always welcome! Check out our Support THS page to see what items and services we need . . . those needing community service hours can download a log sheet as well.
Here is a list of our accomplishments in 2013: THS Accomplishments 2013
Thanks to all our volunteers and supporters who made it a great year for THS!
Carlton Brownell was instrumental in the restoration of Chace-Cory House and support of our Society. In his memory, we established a scholarship fund. We awarded two scholarships this spring to Roseline Martin from Tiverton High School and Dylan Mello of Little Compton. Congratulations! Our thanks to all who donated to the scholarship fund! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please forward any comments or suggestions on this site to email@example.com.